As volunteers, eager participants, and bankers, we love being a part of our community. At Idaho First we support various organizations that are serving Idaho people and communities. We believe in giving back—it’s a fundamental part of our “People First. Community First” philosophy.
Our Bank has grown considerably over the years thanks to all of your continued support. We receive many requests from the community for donations and we strongly believe in supporting the requests of our friends and neighbors. Our team has a considerable number of causes that are close to each of us, so we have decided to pay special attention to causes or events supporting, education, health and safety, and low income housing.
To be considered for a donation request, please adhere to the following submission criteria:
- Requestors must be charitable organizations or a community event
- Requestors must be within our defined market areas and/or have a substantial impact upon the community within. This includes the greater Valley and Adams counties, the Boise metropolitan area that encompasses Ada, Boise, Canyon, Gem, and Owyhee counties, South/Central Idaho, and Central/Eastern Oregon.
- All donation requests must be submitted electronically via our online application or in writing at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Multiple requests per year are discouraged and seldom supported
- Letters without the requested information will not be considered
IFB does not fund organizations which discriminate based on:
- National Origin
- Family Status
- Receipt of Public Assistance
- Sexual Orientation
IFB generally does not provide funding to:
- Annual appeals/general operating support
- Single disease/issue information and research organizations (we will support local chapters only)
- Governmental and quasi-governmental public agencies or organizations
- Private Foundations or Trusts
- Historic preservation
- Public or private education institutions
Although we would like to donate to all the worthy organizations that ask for support, please understand that we receive many requests, and it may not be possible for us to fulfill every request. Unfortunately, past support of an organization or event does not guarantee future support. We will do our best to respond to all those who request donations.